Friday, January 8, 2010

I am looking for an excellent sewing tutorial website-any suggestions?

I have done a fair bit of trawling through the internet - at present I'd like to concentrate more on bags but i am still trying to make an eye mask and I have had real problems getting a professional or even half decent finish.I am looking for an excellent sewing tutorial website-any suggestions?
Here I thought the site I usually went to was still up, but it's been taken down. www.sewingworld.com It was a bulletin board for sewers and crafters and would have been perfect for you. Ah well.





I can give you these three URL's, maybe the bottom one can help you?





The eye mask you're talking about--the problem is the cut out eye section in the center isn't it? You'd need a good zig zag with tight stitching, unfortunately. And getting a clean look to it is hard even if you turn the edges under.





There was a sticky type fluid that some crafters used, which washed out, that is used for applique that you can check for...that may help keep things folded under as you do the eye holes.





It sometimes helps to do a muslin mock up first, rather than work directly with satin when doing the design.I am looking for an excellent sewing tutorial website-any suggestions?
wow its so nice to see someone interested on the traditional crafts adn i wish you the best with your search. Have you though about going to the local library and hiring a book. This is free adn they have a huge selection to borrow.
  • olive oil
  • glycolic acid peel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment